Fatality Reported in Madisonville House Fire Sunday
A cigarette is reported to be the cause that led to a structure fire in Madisonville Sunday that resulted in a fatality. According to the Madisonville Fire Department, the fire was reported at 12:30am at 413 Hall Street. A fire had been reported in the back bedroom but was mostly out on their arrival. A person was found in the bedroom and was pronounced dead at the scene by the Hopkins County Coroner’s office. The Fire Department reports the victim was likely smoking in bed and fell asleep. The Madisonville Police Department has not issued a release and has not provided a name of the victim.